("Teacher Take Note" and Monthly Presentation Topics)
Teacher Take Note (9:30-10:00)
- “Duet Bonanza” Get great duet ideas as Debra Garmero shares some she has used with student. Please bring any of your own you might like to share.
- “Hanon Works” Melanie Squires has a passion for technique and will share what she has learned over the years from masters to become a master herself.
- “Recitals With A Bang” Need ideas for recitals? Bridget Johansen will lead us in a discussion/idea sharing time to help us all rejuvenate and set new goals. After all, it is January.
- AIM workshop. Whether you participate with your students or not, this review of theory and chords will benefit all of us. Come and learn!!!!
- Music Makers taught be Terry Peterson. Terry runs successful introductory group lessons for young children. It is a great way to make extra money and also provides ideas anyone can incorporate in private lessons.
- Technology – Are you in??????? Wendy Brewster will demonstrate some of her favorite ipad and lap top helps. Bring your ipads to share your favorite APPS.
Monthly Presentation (10:15-11:30)
- Whitney Pizza, "Technical Treasures for Teachers: Discover Musical Gems for All Levels"
- Leslie Thackery, “Motivating Practice Ideas"
- Danielle Dallas, "Brain Boosters: Off the bench activities to maximize musical cognition"
- Jason Lyle Black - “From Beethoven to Billy Joel: A Simple 5-Step Approach to Composing Great Music”
- Luncheon (Combined with Jordan River Chapter)
- SCORE: Tax and Legal Strategies
- Joan Brinton, "Rhythmania"
- Ken Foster, “The DaVinci Coda or How Ken Foster Does It.” Learn how to create, embellish, improvise and arrange anything from hymns to fake sheets.
- Ryan Crossette and DavidDickey, “What to Look For in a Good Piano”
- Closing Social “Duet” For Fun
- Fun and motivating duets played by you, our very own teachers of Sandy Chapter!